IEA End-Use Working Party Webinar on Deep Decarbonization in Industry
Start date 2020-12-09 14:00
End date 2020-12-10 17:15
Deep decarbonization in industry has been identified as one of the major areas for reaching the climate goals. This was highlighted in the IETS international expert workshop in Vienna, October 2019. A main aim with this new digital workshop is to identify areas for more close collaboration between TCPs.
A workshop was planned in connection to the End-Use Working Party (EUWP) March meeting in Sweden, hosted by the Swedish Energy Agency. As this workshop was cancelled, it has been decided to perform a webinar, hosted by the IETS TCP, the EUWP Vice-Chair for Industry, and the IEA Secretariat, with basically the same contents. The webinar will take place during two consecutive days with the following parts:
- Presentation of major Swedish programmes and projects
- Discussion about opportunities for collaboration between TCPs
The main areas to be presented and discussed are:
- Industrial CCUS
- Industrial Biorefineries
- Electrification in Industry
- Digitalization and AI for Energy Efficiency and GHG Mitigation
- System Aspects and Industrial Symbiosis
For more information, please send an email to the IETS Secretariat.