Report: Deep Decarbonization in Industry
The IETS TCP organized an International Expert Workshop on Deep Decarbonization in Industry in Vienna, October 9-11, 2019. A limited number of international experts were invited, resulting in around 50 participants from 15 countries. The workshop dealt in a broad way with most major aspects for deep decarbonization. Presentations, discussions, conclusions and suggestions for further work have been summarized in a Final Report.
Objectives of the Workshop
- The main objectives of the workshop were:
- To highlight the importance of process industry in radical GHG mitigation.
- To point out opportunities and hurdles.
- To identify hotspots for further RD&D.
- To improve international collaboration between disciplines and RD&D areas.
- To improve knowledge transfer to strategic industrial and policy decision makers.
Programme Committee and Authors of the Report
- The Programme Committee consisted of the following experts:
- Dr. Chris Bataille, Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations (IDDRI.org), Paris, and Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
- Prof. Andrea Ramirez, Delft University of technology, the Netherlands
- Prof. Rene Hofmann, Vienna University of technology and AIT, Centre for Energy, Austria
- Prof. Stefan Lechtenboehmer, Wuppertal Institute, Germany and Lund University, Sweden
- Programme Manager Elvira Lutter, Climate and Energy Fund of the Austrian Federal Government
- Dr. Philippe Navarri, CanmetENERGY, Natural Resources Canada, Canada
- Prof. Thore Berntsson, Chalmers Institute of Technology, Chair of the IETS TCP, and chair of the Programme Committee