Electrification in Industry
Start date 2019-01-01
End date 2019-12-31
The planning and preparations for this Annex have been ongoing since 2017 and the final scope and organization will be finalized during 2019.
Objectives of the Annex
To stimulate the development and optimal use of industrial electrification through:
- international network and information infrastructure for key stakeholders to exchange and disseminate knowledge in the area of industrial electrification including the relevant system aspects,
- increasing the understanding of conditions, drivers and policies for optimal industrial implementation,
- facilitate joint development of new knowledge and expertise on industrial electrification, and
- support and accelerate the deployment of electrification practices in the process industry.
Activities during 2019 – start-up phase
- Establish a Steering Committee – finalize scoping of attention areas and formalization, activate working areas
- Start a centralized action – collection and analysis of National Roadmaps under Climate Agreement
- Start two tasks – Power to Heat and Power to Hydrogen
If you have questions about the Annex and/or wish to participate, please contact Annex Manager Andreas ten Cate, ISPT, the Netherlands.