Electrification in Industry
Start date 2019-01-01
End date 2019-12-31
The planning and preparations for this Annex have been on-going since 2017 and the final scope and organization will be finalized during 2019.
Objectives of the Annex
To stimulate the development and optimal use of industrial electrification through:
- international network and information infrastructure for key stakeholders to exchange and disseminate knowledge in the area of industrial electrification including the relevant system aspects,
- increasing the understanding of conditions, drivers and policies for optimal industrial implementation,
- facilitate joint development of new knowledge and expertise on industrial electrification, and
- support and accelerate the deployment of electrification practices in the process industry.
Activities during 2019 – start-up phase
- Establish a Steering Committee – finalize scoping of attention areas and formalization, activate working areas
- Start a centralized action – collection and analysis of National Roadmaps under Climate Agreement
- Start two tasks – Power to Heat and Power to Hydrogen
If you have questions about the Annex and/or wish to participate, please contact Annex Manager Andreas ten Cate, ISPT, the Netherlands.