Special session on Digitalization and AI
Start date 2023-12-06 10:00
End date 2023-12-08 17:00
We would like to invite you to participate to the Special Session on Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence and Related Technologies for Energy Efficiency and GHG Emissions Reduction in Industry at Energy Informatics.Academy conference 2023 (EI.A 2023).
This special session is organized by: IEA IETS Annex Task XVIII: Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence and Related Technologies for Energy Efficiency and GHG Emissions Reduction in Industry
This year EI.A 2023 is scheduled to be physically in São Paulo, Brazil, during 6-8 December 2023.
Call for papers for the special session is now open!
More information is available at the conference website
The industrial sector, particularly energy and GHG-intensive industries, faces immense challenges in improving their economic and environmental performance. The adoption of digitalization, artificial intelligence, and related technologies presents a promising approach to address these challenges. This special session aims to advance knowledge and development of these technologies in targeted industries, fostering collaboration among academics, research labs, IT providers, and process industry stakeholders. The session will discuss the opportunities and barriers to the adoption of digitalization technologies, focusing on enhancing energy efficiency and reducing GHG emissions in the process industries.
The session will be held in Unicamp, São Paulo (Brazil) as part of the Energy Informatics.Academy Conference 2023 (EI.A 2023).
Organized by: IEA IETS Annex Task XVIII: Digitalization, Artificial Intelligence and Related Technologies for Energy Efficiency and GHG Emissions Reduction in Industry
- Case studies showcasing the application of digitalization in improving energy efficiency and reducing GHG emissions in the industry
- Methods and applications of digital technologies (e.g., digital twins) in industry sectors
- Barriers, incentives, and business models for the adoption of digitalization technologies in energy-intensive industries
- Simulations and modeling to investigate stakeholders’ adoption of digitalization strategies in the industry
- Data collection, availability, quality, and use in promoting digitalization and its impact on energy efficiency and GHG emissions reduction in targeted sectors
- Other related topics
Mouloud Amazouz (Natural Resources Canada, Canada)
Michelle Levesque (Natural Resources Canada, Canada)
Zheng Grace Ma (University of Southern Denmark, Denmark)
- Paper submission deadline: June 30, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: August 5, 2023
- Camera-ready paper due: September 15, 2023
- Registration deadline: September 31, 2023
- Conference dates: December 6-8, 2023